When you are learning to read Tarot cards, understanding and interpreting the meaning of the cards may seem a little intimidating. Each card may have several meanings and the steps below will help you work out the most appropriate meaning for each Tarot card in your reading.
1. When doing a reading, think about the question that was asked and pick the explanation that best applies. Sometimes, you may get a combination of two or many meanings of the same card. At other times, you may get a meaning which is not in your book. That is your intuition talking to you!
2. Listen to your intuition or gut feeling when you see each Tarot card. Say the first thing that comes into your mind as this will be the most appropriate. Thinking too much allows your logic to take over stifle your intuition. Go with the meaning that comes first and you will never fail.
3. Readings consist of several cards in a spread and each card is connected. Take the surrounding cards into account to get an overall interpretation. Everyone has a unique perception of the same picture or the story so feel free to make your own unique connections and form a story which will connect with you personally. This will help you evolve in your Tarot card readings making them more personal and individual.
4. Each card in a spread will have a position and this contributes to the interpretation. For example, in a three card spread showing “past”, “present” and “future”, a card will have a different meaning depending on which position it is in.
5. Is the card upright or reversed? Tarot cards have different meanings depending on whether they are upright or reversed.
For detailed information on how to read Tarot cards like a professional even if you have never read them before and even if you are not psychic, get a copy of my Tarot card e-book today. You can instantly download it right now from www.ReadingTarotCardsRevealed.com.